Sunday 9 September 2012

Pirags, Latvia. Olympic Food Challenge

They think it's all over.....IT IS NOW!!! *crowd goes wild with thunderous applause*

Excuse me for just one second while I alternate between Bolt's lightening pose and Farah's 'Mobot' while doing a lap of honour round my garden.



Here is the absolute final recipe from me for the Olympic Food Challenge and we are back in Europe in the country of Latvia. Latvia picked up two medals in London, one of them gold.

Browsing through recipes for Latvia, this one kept cropping up and I kept ignoring it which was just silly really because I'm essentially turning down a bacon sandwich.

Pirags are basically meat, usually bacon, mixed with chopped onion and wrapped in a bread case. They are easy to make and very tasty especially with a good dash of HP.

Ingredients
460g plain flour
1 packet of fast action yeast
190ml milk
60g butter
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar

6 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
1 onion, finely chopped

Method
Mix the flour with yeast in a bowl and set aside
Melt the butter in a pan with the milk, salt and sugar.
Pour into the flour and mix together to form a soft dough, knead for 5 minutes.
Cover and leave to rise for an hour or so.
Fry the onion with the bacon until crispy and brown, set aside.
Knock the dough back and split into two dough balls
Roll out to a 1/4inch thick and using a large cutter, cut out circles of the dough.
Roll the little circles a bit more with a rolling pin
Add a tsp of bacon and onion to the centre of the circle and fold over, seal the edges with a fork.
Place on a baking tray and brush with a little beaten egg
Bake for 15mins until golden at 170C
Serve with lots of HP sauce.




1 comment:

  1. If you keep writing this kind of post then I will be very happy because this post is very good and I am very happy that I saw this post and today I am very happy to see this post, I have also written a lot of websites and blogs. . I am giving you in the link, you can see if you want.
    looking call girls in gurugram
    girls in gurugram
    gurugram call girls booking
    Call Girls in Bandhwari
    beutiful girl
    independent call girl in gurugram
    eyes

    ReplyDelete