Sunday 6 May 2012

Cinnamon and Date biscuits

After yesterday's biscuit exploits, I got the urge earlier to make a few more, mainly because I ate them all. I decided this time to vary the flavours. There has been a tub of dates sat in the fridge for several months now and for the life of me I cant remember what I bought them for. So I used these and paired them with cinnamon having used ginger yesterday and omitted the cocoa to make them plain biscuits.

Ingredients
125g Soft butter
200g Light brown soft sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg
195g plain flour
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp ground cinnamon
150g Dates, stoned and chopped into small pieces

Method
Beat the sugar, butter and extract together until light and fluffy
Beat in the egg.
Sift in the dry ingredients and stir together until combined.
Stir in the chopped dates
Roll a heaped tsp of mixture into a ball and place on a baking sheet.
Repeat until tray is full, give each biscuit room to spread, about 3cm around.
Bake in a preheated oven at 170C/150C(fan) for about 12-15 minutes
Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Verdict
Crisp, chewy and spicy. These won't last long either.

2 comments:

  1. It's dangerous discovering a good biscuit recipe. Dates are great because they have that wonderfully chewy sweet texture. Lovely biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination! I think I have some dates in the cupboard also bought for goodness knows what but now they can be transformed into these lovely biscuits :)

    ReplyDelete